The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.
The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.
The Richard III Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can discuss King Richard III and anything related to his life and times.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

people who live in glass-houses....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
whitehound
Admin
whitehound

people who live in glass-houses.... Empty
PostSubject: people who live in glass-houses....   people who live in glass-houses.... EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 19:28

According to The Daily Mail, Alison Weir has publicly criticized Philippa Gregory for being historically inaccurate.

Pot, kettle, black anybody?
Back to top Go down
Constantia

Constantia

PostSubject: Re: people who live in glass-houses....   people who live in glass-houses.... EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 20:15

I suspect it's because Philippa Gregory didn't have Richard killing the "Princes." But, yes, that's hypocrisy if I've ever seen it. The problem is that it's unconscious hypocrisy. I'm quite sure that Weir views herself as a conscientious and well-informed historian of the Yorkist period. The problem is, she never learned to detect irony, either in her own remarks or in Sir Thomas More's writings. But she's right on one count. Gregory isn't historically accurate.
Back to top Go down
Thibault

Thibault

PostSubject: Re: people who live in glass-houses....   people who live in glass-houses.... EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 23:06

whitehound wrote:
According to The Daily Mail, Alison Weir has publicly criticized Philippa Gregory for being historically inaccurate.

Pot, kettle, black anybody?

Twisted Evil 

We mustn't forget that Weir makes money from conducting tours associated with TWOTR and so she will be anxious to preserve her 'street cred' as a serious historian. I guess that Gregory is also a competitor, a successful one that has already had one mini-series and probably hopes for another one, so any publicity on Weir's part will promote her own pitiful collection of books, both fiction and those masquerading as historical fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: people who live in glass-houses....   people who live in glass-houses.... Empty

Back to top Go down

people who live in glass-houses....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Richard III Network :: RICHARD MULTIMEDIA (Current & past articles, publications, memorabilia, videos, movies, plays, photos, events, seminars, etc.) :: Latest News-
Jump to: