The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.

A forum where you can discuss King Richard III and anything related to his life and times.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Should We Change the Name of this Particular Forum ("King Found in the Car Park")?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wednesday
Admin

PostSubject: Should We Change the Name of this Particular Forum ("King Found in the Car Park")?   Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:54 am

"The King Found in the Car Park" may not be the best name for this forum as it's so emotionally charged thanks to the TV documentary and the ongoing debate regarding how and where Richard will ultimately be laid to his [hopefully] final rest.

I've considered "The Greyfriars Warrior," since that's what they called Richard before they knew it was him, but that doesn't indicate where he was found. So if we were to use that, I'm not sure everyone would know it applies to the dig in Leicester/finding the king where they did/et. al.

Sooo, what do you guys think? Leave the name of this forum as it is, or change it to something less emotionally charged?  confused  confused
Back to top Go down
http://richardiiinetwork.forumotion.com
Walburga

PostSubject: Re: Should We Change the Name of this Particular Forum ("King Found in the Car Park")?   Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:18 am

Personally I would like "The Greyfriar's Project" best, but I suppose "The King's Grave" better carries the emotional weight it has for so many. On the other hand, it could be confused with the Langley/Jones book.
Back to top Go down
Thibault

PostSubject: Re: Should We Change the Name of this Particular Forum ("King Found in the Car Park")?   Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:03 am

Like it or not, The King in the Car Park will be Richard's epithet from now on. Most people understand what it means. We can't change history - he was found under a car park.
Back to top Go down
Constantia

PostSubject: Re: Should We Change the Name of this Particular Forum ("King Found in the Car Park")?   Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:09 am

I agree that we should leave the name as is. It covers the skeleton itself, the reconstructed face, the archaeologists and their findings, the reburial controversy (or controversies), the DNA testing, and probably other subtopics that don't immediately come to mind. It certainly beats "Richard's Skeleton" or "Richard's Bones" or "Richard as Archaeological Artifact." (American spelling--I know that the British spelling is "artefact," but it shows up as an error on my spelling checker.)
Back to top Go down
whitehound
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should We Change the Name of this Particular Forum ("King Found in the Car Park")?   Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:05 pm

However, "The King Found in the Car Park" sounds clunky imo, as well as making him sound a bit like a lost set of car-keys - "The King in the Car Park" would be better.
Back to top Go down
phaecilia

PostSubject: Re: Should We Change the Name of this Particular Forum ("King Found in the Car Park")?   Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Wednesday wrote:
"The King Found in the Car Park" may not be the best name for this forum as it's so emotionally charged thanks to the TV documentary and the ongoing debate regarding how and where Richard will ultimately be laid to his [hopefully] final rest.

Sooo, what do you guys think? Leave the name of this forum as it is, or change it to something less emotionally charged?  confused  confused

Has anyone protested?  It not, I'd say leave it as it is, because it says exactly what it's about.
I don't find it disrespectful.

phaecilia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should We Change the Name of this Particular Forum ("King Found in the Car Park")?   

Back to top Go down

Should We Change the Name of this Particular Forum ("King Found in the Car Park")?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1