The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.

A forum where you can discuss King Richard III and anything related to his life and times.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Reader Letter: R3 - killer king or did he just have bad PR?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wednesday
Admin

PostSubject: Reader Letter: R3 - killer king or did he just have bad PR?   Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:31 am

Reader letter from "Gloucester Citizen" newspaper.

Reader Letter Here
Back to top Go down
http://richardiiinetwork.forumotion.com
Constantia

PostSubject: Re: Reader Letter: R3 - killer king or did he just have bad PR?   Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Thanks for the link, Weds. To me, the most interesting part was the reader response stating that John Ashdown-Hill is working on a new book about the possible survival of the so-called Princes in the Tower. Does anyone know anything about this forthcoming book? Also, the first link in that response (to a petition to have Richard buried in York, an issue I won't go into here) leads to a wonderful black-and-white photo of the reconstructed head that looks (to me) more like a real human being than any of the color shots I've seen. I can't yet post links, so, if you're interested, please use the link in Wednesday's original message to see what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Wednesday
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reader Letter: R3 - killer king or did he just have bad PR?   Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Constantia wrote:
Thanks for the link, Weds. To me, the most interesting part was the reader response stating that John Ashdown-Hill is working on a new book about the possible survival of the so-called Princes in the Tower. Does anyone know anything about this forthcoming book?

I went to John's official site (http://www.johnashdownhill.com/), but couldn't find information on it. You might contact him directly and ask?  Wink I swear, he writes faster than any other author I know of. Good stuff, too.
Back to top Go down
http://richardiiinetwork.forumotion.com
Constantia

PostSubject: Re: Reader Letter: R3 - killer king or did he just have bad PR?   Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:03 pm

I went to the website, too, and, like you, didn't find anything, but there are some interesting photos in the John's blog section of the progress of the funeral crown. I don't know where the idea that Richard was known for wanting to acquire an emerald comes from, but I like the results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reader Letter: R3 - killer king or did he just have bad PR?   

Back to top Go down

Reader Letter: R3 - killer king or did he just have bad PR?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1