The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.
The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.
The Richard III Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can discuss King Richard III and anything related to his life and times.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FAQ (In Progress)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wednesday
Admin
Wednesday

FAQ (In Progress) Empty
PostSubject: FAQ (In Progress)   FAQ (In Progress) EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014, 12:20

This FAQ is a work in progress as questions come up on the board. Don't see the answer to your question? Post it  below, so we can add it and the answer here. (Please note that we'll delete your question post on this thread after answering it here, so we can keep track of what hasn't been answered.)

HOW DO YOU POST A LINK TO AN ARTICLE RATHER THAN A URL?

While you're writing in a new topic or reply window:

1. Copy the URL you want to post.

At the top of the new topic or reply window where you type, you'll see a series of icons starting with the "B" (for bold) icon. (If you hover over each icon, you'll be told what it does.)

To the left of the "YouTube" icon (third from the right) is the "Insert a Link" icon.

2. Click on the "Insert a Link" icon.

3. Click on the "http://" box and copy your URL into it.

4. If you don't want the entire URL sprawling across your post, be sure to type a short description into the "Description (optional)" box.

5. Click the Insert button.

6. Click on "Preview" at the bottom of the typing screen to preview what you've entered. It will appear in HTML code, which takes some getting used to.

7. Be sure to click "Send" at the very bottom of the Preview, else your post won't show up.

I UNDERSTAND HOW TO POST A URL, BUT I'M STILL NOT SURE HOW TO SUBSTITUTE THE TITLE OF THE ARTICLE. DO I TYPE THE TITLE IN THE "DESCRIPTION" BOX AND DELETE THE URL ITSELF WHEN IT APPEARS IN THE PREVIEW?

You can type whatever you want in the description -- the name of the article, the newspaper, "Click here to go to article," anything you like.

Regarding THE PREVIEW SCREEN -- The top of the preview screen will show you how your post will appear once you click Send. The bottom of the preview screen will display a window where you can edit your post if you don't like how the preview appears.

You can delete whatever text you want in the editing screen. Just be careful not to delete any of the code (the stuff in brackets), or you'll change what appears in the preview/final post.

HTML code is simple, but messy. I tend to hit preview after every change I make, because HTML is also sneaky -- you'll think everything is perfect, but gremlins will change things and laugh at you.

I've created a thread here:
https://richardiiinetwork.forumotion.com/f58-testing-playspace

where anyone can test stuff to see if it works properly. You can play there with features and see how they work, if that helps.

IF I DON'T SIGN OUT OF THE FORUM WHEN I LEAVE THE SITE, DO I STILL SHOW UP AS BEING ON THE SITE?

If you don't sign out of the forum when you leave, your username disappears after five minutes from the list of members on the site.

Last edited by Wednesday on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 13:12; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://richardiiinetwork.forumotion.com

FAQ (In Progress)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Richard III Network :: RICHARD III NETWORK ADMINISTRATION :: FAQ (Ongoing)-
Jump to: