The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.

A forum where you can discuss King Richard III and anything related to his life and times.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wednesday
Admin

PostSubject: "Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?   Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:26 am

I thought this might be fun to start as an ongoing thread (sort of like the "Show us your desk" thread on other forums).

I'm being taught how to write short stories by the late Hallie Burnett (a novelist, college teacher and co-editor of Story magazine from 1942 to 1971, who passed on in 1991). She published early works by writers like J. D. Salinger, William Saroyan, Truman Capote and Norman Mailer.

Where are you?
Back to top Go down
http://richardiiinetwork.forumotion.com
Thibault

PostSubject: Re: "Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?   Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Australia - I am re-reading The Thorn Birds.
Back to top Go down
janmulrenan

PostSubject: Re: "Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?   Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:49 am

Jan here.
Westminster Hall. I just took The Coronation back to the library.
Back to top Go down
msallylaw

PostSubject: Re: "Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?   Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:37 pm

I've just got round to reading Phillipa Gregorys 
The White Princess  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
damianswife

PostSubject: Re: "Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?   Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:52 am

I'm in the slum areas around London Docks! I am re reading Call the Midwife.
Back to top Go down
Wednesday
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?   Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:21 pm

I just got through writing a book review for Stephen Lark, for his book The Battle of Bosworth 1485 and the Burial of King Richard III. I'm not sure where I am. But since Stephen's book made me wish for a huge library of reliable materials devoted to Richard, maybe I'm in the Akashic Records?

PostSubject: Re: "Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?   Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:22 pm

If we're talking about books into which we've dipped a toe but not read cover to cover, I'm in Nicaragua in the year 1840.

If we're talking about books we're read all the way through, I'm in fifteenth-century York (re-reading The Yorkist Age).
Back to top Go down
whitehound
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?   Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Victorian Exeter - one of the Railway Detective books. Before that, modern Caithness.
Back to top Go down
phaecilia

PostSubject: Where are you? Based on the last book you read   Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:53 pm

Egypt.  I'm in Book 2 of Herodotus' Histories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?   

Back to top Go down

"Where Are You?" Based on the Last Book You Read?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1