The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.

A forum where you can discuss King Richard III and anything related to his life and times.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Casebook Forum - Thread Ongoing About Richard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wednesday
Admin

PostSubject: Casebook Forum - Thread Ongoing About Richard    Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:10 am

There's a lengthy ongoing thread on a Jack the Ripper forum (Casebook) discussing Richard. It began just after his bones were discovered and is ongoing. Someone revised the reproduction of his head to come up with a "more mature looking" Richard. Below that post is a workup of how someone with scoliosis would look with one raised shoulder.

ENTIRE CASEBOOK THREAD HERE

THREAD WITH RECONSTRUCTIONS

PostSubject: Re: Casebook Forum - Thread Ongoing About Richard    Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:14 pm

I'm leery of joining Yet Another Forum, but I won't mind if anyone feels like posting over there that, thanks to the stiff leather-and-fabric jacks he wore under his plate armor, he would have been likely more comfy in armor than out of it.  Compare a typical stiff padded jack to a Milwaukee brace prescribed for scoliosis and you'll see what I mean.  Talk also to SCA members who hve taken part in tournaments-  one of my friends has long-standing back problems yet had fought in armor for over thirty years - longer than the life spans of many medieval knights - and he's found that well-fitted jacks with armor keep his back from hurting.

Tamara
Back to top Go down

Casebook Forum - Thread Ongoing About Richard
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1