The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.
The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.
The Richard III Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can discuss King Richard III and anything related to his life and times.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
radarmikemo@gmail.com

radarmikemo@gmail.com

Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'. Empty
PostSubject: Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'.   Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'. EmptySun 20 Dec 2020, 09:58

I shared this on RIII facebook groups and thought of sharing this here.

Although Shakespeare made it seem like Anne Neville was a tragic spouse of Richard III , the historical evidences suggest the contrary. It suggests that they had a loving relationship.

Images below

1- Shows the items that were billed to Richard's household when he was Duke of Gloucester which contain the gifts he procured for Anne when she became Duchess of Gloucester

2. From Wikipedia, under Anne beachump children marriages, shows that Richard gave up his office of Chamberlain & a lot of Warwick properties in order to marry Anne.

3- From Richard's 20th century Biographer Paul Murray Kendall.

4. The misunderstood 'Divorce' provision that actually benefits RIII Anne neville and Edward IV, all three except George to be honest. It benefits Edward iv as well as RIII and Anne because Edward wouldn't have wanted to trust North to George.
And incase of a possibility of 'divorce' based on the invalidity of marriage to Anne , RIII could have kept the lands to himself as long as through out the life of Anne Neville he did not remarry and continued to attempt to get papal dispension have the marriage validated. I think this was included as a safe guard to make sure Clarence doesn't manipulate or try to annul their marriage to regain control of North and other properties.

5. The inheirtance was jointly held.

attaching image 4 and 5 as a comment since i cannot attach more than 3 images simultaneously.

I feel the evidence is there to suggest that Shakespeare's version is mostly imagination & Tudor propaganda.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/20/28/75/00/screen14.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/20/28/75/00/screen13.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/20/28/75/00/screen15.jpg
Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'. Screen18
Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'. Screen17
Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'. Screen19

Last edited by radarmikemo@gmail.com on Sun 20 Dec 2020, 10:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
radarmikemo@gmail.com

radarmikemo@gmail.com

Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'.   Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'. EmptySun 20 Dec 2020, 10:03

Back to top Go down

Some evidence to Suggest RIII and Anne neville had a loving relationship unlike Shakesspeare propaganda of a 'tragic wife'.
Page 1 of 1