The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.
The Richard III Network
Welcome to The Richard III Network. We hope you enjoy your visit and consider joining our forum.
The Richard III Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can discuss King Richard III and anything related to his life and times.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Someone has problems to register/log in

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Walburga

Walburga

Someone has problems to register/log in Empty
PostSubject: Someone has problems to register/log in   Someone has problems to register/log in EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 00:04

Not sure this is the right category to post this, but.
There's a thread about your forum on the Facebook page of the Richard III Society. Now someone has registered and tries to log in, but obviously can't.
Perhaps you could pop over and help, or give advice how to fix it? Tks.
Back to top Go down
Wednesday
Admin
Wednesday

PostSubject: Re: Someone has problems to register/log in   Someone has problems to register/log in EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 17:30

Walburga wrote:
Not sure this is the right category to post this, but.
There's a thread about your forum on the Facebook page of the Richard III Society. Now someone has registered and tries to log in, but obviously can't.
Perhaps you could pop over and help, or give advice how to fix it? Tks.

Could you please ask them to contact me here, so I can know their login name and their email? I can't fix it without that information. If they will trust you with that information, you can private message me by clicking on my user name at the top left of this post and sending me a private message.

The last thing I want to do is go over to the R3 Society Facebook page and get into trouble for "promoting" this board there. Politics....
Back to top Go down
https://richardiiinetwork.forumotion.com
Walburga

Walburga

PostSubject: Re: Someone has problems to register/log in   Someone has problems to register/log in EmptyFri 04 Apr 2014, 01:49

There's now another one who can't log in.

A link to the forum has been posted by the Society, which you could call promoting it, so I would assume you would not get into trouble if you posted there. :-)
Back to top Go down
Wednesday
Admin
Wednesday

PostSubject: Re: Someone has problems to register/log in   Someone has problems to register/log in EmptyFri 04 Apr 2014, 11:11

Walburga wrote:
There's now another one who can't log in.

A link to the forum has been posted by the Society, which you could call promoting it, so I would assume you would not get into trouble if you posted there. :-)

UPDATED TO ADD: Could you please let me know where the user has posted their problem? I checked Ricardian on Facebook, but couldn't find it.

Thanks for letting us know.

I fixed the last one and there was another one yesterday. What you're reporting is a third one.

I couldn't resolve the second one: the system here is saying the email address someone just registered is already in use by another username. But the user can't find out what that username is, so they're stuck unless they register a second email address, and there's no guarantee the system won't return the same message again.

I'll see what this latest problem is and see if I can fix it.
Back to top Go down
Walburga

Walburga

PostSubject: Re: Someone has problems to register/log in   Someone has problems to register/log in EmptyFri 04 Apr 2014, 12:13

[quote="Wednesday"]
Walburga wrote:

UPDATED TO ADD: Could you please let me know where the user has posted their problem? I checked Ricardian on Facebook, but couldn't find it.

It wasn't posted in the Ricardian group, but on the Richard III Society page on Facebook, on April 1. Your logo actually jumps out of the page :-).

Back to top Go down
Wednesday
Admin
Wednesday

PostSubject: Re: Someone has problems to register/log in   Someone has problems to register/log in EmptyFri 04 Apr 2014, 12:37

Walburga wrote:
Wednesday wrote:
Walburga wrote:

It wasn't posted in the Ricardian group, but on the Richard III Society page on Facebook, on April 1. Your logo actually jumps out of the page :-).

Okay, thanks. I dealt with the original problem by private messaging the person with the problem.

Is someone else having a problem getting on here? (Sorry for the confusion, I need tea.)
Back to top Go down
Constantia

Constantia

PostSubject: Re: Someone has problems to register/log in   Someone has problems to register/log in EmptySun 26 Oct 2014, 10:40

I just noticed that our log-in page is not secure. (The URL starts with http rather than https.) I'd hate to have someone steal my password because they had access to the page while I was logging in. Can you do anything about it, I hope?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone has problems to register/log in   Someone has problems to register/log in Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone has problems to register/log in
Page 1 of 1